The nature of education is changing rapidly. Each generation of students experiences new models of learning and engagement.
Designing for learning provides an opportunity to create significant academic impact and distinct visual identity with academic buildings, gathering spaces, arts centers, residence halls, and more.
Spanning 60 years and hundreds of diverse campuses nationwide, our portfolio in education includes iconic, award-winning facilities that adapt to evolving academic needs while staying true to their institutional missions.
Our founders were passionate about architecture that inspires learning, stimulates creativity, and strengthens communities. We still believe that great projects do all three.
- People first. Though our focus is the built environment, we are engaged in place-making for people. Success is a learning environment that people inhabit with joy.
- Cultural focus. Intentional creation of collective gathering places helps campuses sustain cultural identity, which brings luster to the institution and soul to its community.
- Sustainable lifestyle. Each project is an opportunity to create resilient, livable campuses that prioritize resources and promote wellbeing.
- Authenticity matters. Our work seeks the authentic heart of each college or university to inform campus planning alongside more concrete elements such as urban design, economics, and transportation.
- Economic value. Development must maximize stewardship while creating flexibility for future needs.
Featured Projects View All Work
Disciplines Converge To Prepare Students For A Complex Future
Augsburg University, Hagfors Center for Science, Business, and Religion
STEM Learning For Current And Future Generations
California State University, Dominguez Hills, Center for Science & Innovation
Interdisciplinary facility addresses state-wide health initiative
University of Kentucky, Research Building 2