HGA works closely with clients to develop comprehensive solutions that align with their unique philosophy, culture, and vision. Our workplace design is informed by a variety of data sources, including past projects, academic design research literature, industry trend forecasts, and project specific information.
The following workplace survey is based on a 2015 mixed-method study involving both primary and secondary research methods. The study was designed to better understand two research questions:
- What are drivers of corporate real estate decisions?
- What design features are most important to workers?
Based on responses from real estate professionals nationally, the data results highlight three basic themes:
- Daylight, technology and thermal comfort are the most important factors in office environments.
- Corporate decision-makers and employees (mostly) want the same things.
- While square foot/person is decreasing, employees are concerned about having adequate space.
For more information, download the complete whitepaper: