General Mills World Headquarters
Comprehensive design fosters world-class work environment
HGA has worked with General Mills for more than 25 years, providing ongoing planning, architecture, interior design, MEP and structural engineering services that have included more than 300,000 GSF of renovated space and 700,000 GSF of new construction. The expansions, renovations and site work chart a sequence of spaces and programs that allow flexible interactions between people and their work environment.
HGA took its design cues from the original 1958 main building yet reinterpreted it with a lighter aesthetic sensibility in materials and composition throughout all the expansions. Each architectural component works in dialogue with the other campus elements — in which architecture, landscaping, walking paths, traffic lanes and parking provide added amenities to the larger community while maintaining the tranquil campus aesthetic.
HGA’s Telecom Design Group worked closely with General Mills’ in-house IT group to design an advanced telecommunications cabling infrastructure that would address their telecommunications requirements well into the future. HGA’s design drawings and specifications enabled General Mills to obtain a clearly defined, competitively priced cabling system installation.
LEED® EB Certified.Portfolio
Golden Valley, Minnesota
Awards & Recognition
- 2004 AIA Architectural Record/ Business Week Award Finalist (national)
- 2004 IIDA Northland Chapter, Interior Design FAB Honor Award
- 2004 IES/IIDA Section Guth Award for interior Lighting Design
- 2004 American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award (national)
- 2004 Metal Architecture Magazine Honor Award
- 2004 Presentations Magazine “Best Presentation Rooms” Board Room/ Conference Room Award
- 2003 AIA Minnesota Honor Award
- 2003 Minnesota Chapter American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award