Ford Center, HGA Minneapolis Office
Former Ford Plant Turned Modern Office
HGA converted this former Ford Model T Assembly Plant into a modern office building in a growing part of downtown Minneapolis. The historic building features a restored red-brick façade with rebuilt original windows and architecturally compatible replacement windows, new public entrance pavilion, and renovated lobby with 20-foot-high ceilings.
For HGA’s own office on floors 1 through 4, the design team converted the original 1st-floor showroom into a gallery with conference rooms, commons area, espresso bar, and lunch lounge. A former industrial elevator shaft now features a central stairway that connects the office floors, where open work stations and “co-lab” teaming stations encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration. Expansive industrial windows infuse the floors with daylight.
LEED® CSv2 Silver (Ford Center); LEED® CI Platinum (HGA Office Interiors).Portfolio
85,000 SF (HGA), 184,000 SF (Ford Center tenants)
Awards & Recognition
- 2016 Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Outstanding Building of the Year Award
- 2013 IIDA Northland Chapter, Interior Design FAB Honor Award
- 2013 Regional ASHRAE Technology Award, Existing Commercial Building
- 2013 IES/IIDA Regional Energy & Environment Award for Lighting Design
- 2012 Preservation Alliance of Minnesota Honor Award
- 2012 Finance & Commerce Magazine Top 10 Projects
- 2012 Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women Crewie Award for Economic Improvement