HGA co-signs letter to Biden-Harris administration outlining specific steps to generate positive impact in the built environment.
Derby Line Land Port of Entry was one of the first GSA projects to complete a Climate Risk Analysis as part of design. The project is certified LEED Gold.
The building industry—from construction to operations—generates nearly 40% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
We have the ability—and the responsibility—to significantly mitigate the impact of global climate change in partnership with our clients and industry colleagues.
As a participant in the American Institute of Architecture’s 2030 Commitment, HGA will pursue high performance design and net zero energy on all projects by the year 2030. We applaud the Biden-Harris administration’s initial actions on climate change and join over 130 industry leaders in cosigning a letter to the new administration outlining specific steps to generate positive impact in the built environment in their first 100 days.
Key areas of focus:
- Enhance federal building standards to reduce the climate impacts of federal operations
- Stimulate building reuse and upgrades to benefit communities; improve building resiliency, health and efficiency; and reduce carbon emissions
- Promote healthy housing and resilient communities to proactively address intersecting crises: climate, COVID-19, racial justice, and economic inequality
- Electrify to support a carbon-free grid and a future without ubiquitous greenhouse gas emissions
- Promote materials health and product transparency to address climate, health, and equity implications
- Promote healthy schools for all to contribute to improved health and learning outcomes
BuildingGreen, Inc. is a consultancy and information company trusted by thousands of AEC professionals for insight and guidance on sustainable design, resilience, and health in buildings and communities. BuildingGreen also supports and facilitates peer networks for sustainability leaders interested in learning from each other and advocating for positive change, with initiatives including this letter to the Biden Administration.