HGA is working to help #flattenthecurve and slow the spread of COVID-19 / Coronavirus.
Updated on March 18, 2020.
Out of care for our employees, clients, healthcare workers, and communities across the country, we are working to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) through the following efforts:
- Travel: As of Sunday, March 15, HGA will put a hold on all work-related domestic and international travel, unless approved by our COO or CEO. Guidelines for personal travel are in line with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and are being monitored.
- Conferences: All conference attendance has been suspended.
- Meetings: We are requesting that all meetings be held virtually; if that is not possible, we are limiting attendance to five people or less and recommending social distancing.
- Our environment: As of Wednesday, March 18th all HGA offices will be closed. This is a combination of changing restrictions in our office locations and out of an abundance of caution.
- Remote work: We will leverage technology to stay connected, engaged, and productive across our practice. All work is now being done remote, and we are working with each team and employee to determine their needs. Flexibility of work schedules is the key to success as many team members are caring for family members.
- Technology stipend: In an effort to help our employees work from home we are offering a one-time stipend to help create home work spaces. This may include items like monitors, cables, and other needs.
- Coronavirus coverage: We have adapted our healthcare coverage to include testing for Coronavirus, and created internal policies in the event that an employee contracts the virus.
We will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and local health officials’ recommendations to guide our efforts, but also work proactively to balance the health of our communities with the needs of our clients and projects.
We are asking all of our employees to take care of themselves and their families in this moment, and use empathy, reason, and patience as we meet this challenge together.
HGA has created a hub for our insights and reactions to the COVID-19 pandemic as architects, engineers, interior designers, and problem solvers. Follow the conversation here.