LA Harbor Sciences exterior 8
Saint Elizabeth Hospital, Heart, Lung & Vascular Center sustainability 5
Minnesota Departments of Agriculture and Health Laboratory Building interior sustainability 6
Como Park, Visitor and Education Resource Center interior 6
Sustainability is the way we think, create, work and live.
- User Experience
- Net Zero Energy
- Carbon Neutral
- Zero Water
- Zero Waste
- Holistic Best Life Cycle Value
Sustainability is a core value at HGA. Our passion for design excellence drives us to make your world better. We focus on making rather than consuming. We partner with you to design sustainable solutions that promote your business, improve performance and well-being, enhance natural environmental systems, and align first capital investment with long-term life-cycle costs. We access our in-house knowledge and research to bring you the best value.
We focus on three key design strategies to measure sustainable benefits:
- Zero-Plus Approach: HGA goes beyond Net Zero Energy to create renewable energy and produce more than what is consumed, rather than only use less energy. We do this by targeting five integrated goals--Zero Energy, Zero Carbon, Zero Water, Zero Waste, and Zero Pollution.
- Research: HGA researches and tests new systems, technologies, materials and construction techniques that maximize building performance and minimize infrastructure costs, and HGA utilizes advanced software to monitor energy performance throughout the design process.
- Sustainable Partnerships: HGA works with its clients to establish partnerships with existing utilities and other enterprises to leverage sustainable alternatives.
- 2007 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Energy Star Challenge Leader
- 2007 Construction Specifications Institute, Environmental Stewardship Award
- 2006 GE (General Electric) Edison Award, Sustainable Design